PETITION TO INCREASE FUNDING FOR CHILDHOOD CANCER RESEARCH
Childhood Cancer Facts
- Childhood cancer is the #1 killer disease of our children, more than from asthma, diabetes, cystic fibrosis, congenital anomalies, and pediatric AIDS combined
- Every school day, 46 children are diagnosed with cancer, the equivalent of two classrooms of students.
- 12,500 children are diagnosed with cancer each year.
- 1 in 330 children will be diagnosed with cancer before age 20
- Each year over 2,500 children die from cancer, over 40,000 are receiving treatment
- The incidence of childhood cancer has increased every year over the past 25 years
- Cancer treatment can cause serious side effects that may last a lifetime
Problem on this page? Briefly let us know what isn't working for you and we'll try to make it right!