we've got signatures, help us get to 5,000 by November 1, 2009
- Ensure that all embassies, consulates or other representations are well informed; service minded and follow harmonized procedures, guidelines, standards, papers, documents etc.
- Ensure clear procedures and require that explanations for refusal of a visa must be given when all the procedures are respected, in order to make it possible to enter an appeal in due time.
- Handling of artist visa matters exclusively by the cultural attach%uFFFD at point of application and not via reception centres in the regular visa department.
- Investigate the possibilities of 'world wide recognition' of touring artists' passports.
- Ensure a procedure that benefits artists and performers that have worked and/or performed within the EU/Schengen area before, so they don't have to repeat all of the application procedure each time.
- Initiate a process whereby a 'certification system' of European festivals and tour organisers may ensure that these are well established, credible and entitled to respectful and fast handling by visa offices.
- Finally we would like to call on you to establish a forum involving practitioners, agents and relevant organizations in order to develop quick and practical solutions.