we've got signatures, help us get to 5,000 by November 1, 2009
- Ensure that all embassies, consulates or other representations are well informed; service minded and follow harmonized procedures, guidelines, standards, papers, documents etc.
- Ensure clear procedures and require that explanations for refusal of a visa must be given when all the procedures are respected, in order to make it possible to enter an appeal in due time.
- Handling of artist visa matters exclusively by the cultural attach%uFFFD at point of application and not via reception centres in the regular visa department.
- Investigate the possibilities of 'world wide recognition' of touring artists' passports.
- Ensure a procedure that benefits artists and performers that have worked and/or performed within the EU/Schengen area before, so they don't have to repeat all of the application procedure each time.
- Initiate a process whereby a 'certification system' of European festivals and tour organisers may ensure that these are well established, credible and entitled to respectful and fast handling by visa offices.
- Finally we would like to call on you to establish a forum involving practitioners, agents and relevant organizations in order to develop quick and practical solutions.
Problem on this page? Briefly let us know what isn't working for you and we'll try to make it right!