WHEREAS Disposable Beverage Containers:
- contribute to waste problems in Ontario;
- litter streets, parks and waterways; and
- burden municipal taxpayers with costs to collect, and
market/dispose of them; and
WHEREAS Deposit/Return programs:
- prevent litter and result in higher diversion rates;
- provide a financial reward to people for returning
- generate good quality materials that can benefit
industry and increase jobs; and
- make producers/consumers financially responsible for
containers they make/use (instead of all taxpayers).
WE, the undersigned, petition the Legislative Assembly of Ontario to:
Require producers and/or first importers of all beverage containers to implement a deposit/return program, which will provide an appropriate reward to encourage people to return beverage containers to local outlets or depots, similar to the successful program provided by The Beer Store.
If everything looks correct, click sign now. Your signature will not be added until you click the button below.