It is humbly submitted that the International Organisation for Animal Protection - OIPA is an Italy based organisation duly affiliated with the United Nation since 1992 and undersigned representative of OIPA in India. We have observed many errors in the legislation's for animals in India....such as :
- The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960 is a toothless legislation with miner punishments, offenses under section 11 partly and 12 are the cognizable in legal terms, where as offenses under this act should be cognizable / non bailable along with strong punishments, new legislation for exotic birds and animals may kindly be introduced along with legislation for dog breeders / fish aquarium as well.
- National Cattle Commission report, 2002 may kindly be implemented, which is lying in the dust bean of the union Agriculture Ministry.
- Padam's award has been given to the tainted people like Saif Ali Khan and others, all Padama awards may kindly be withdrawn from these tainted peoples and Padama awards may kindly be given to the people involved in selfless service for animal rights and their welfare every year.
- Peacock is a National bird, protected under the Wild Life Protection Act, 1972 but under section 44 of this act, peacock feathers trade is allowed which attract poaching, creating demand of the peacock feathers. OIPA in India appeal you to imposed ban on the trade of peacock feathers, act may kindly be amended / ordnance may kindly be issued till then amendments in the WP Act, 1972.
- The Govt. of India banned five wild species Tiger, Lion, Panther, Bear and Monkey in 1998, all four wild animal species are rescued and released in their rescue centers but dancing Monkey left unattended to perform in the streets / roads in captivity. It would be pertinent to mention here that dancing bear rescued / purchased from the criminals, offenders of the Wild Life Protection Act, 1972 with out taking any legal actions against all offenders. OIPA in India appeal you to please pass appropriate orders to look in to all points raised above.
- Jammu and Kashmir enjoying special status under constitutional provisions as per article 370 and legislation's for animals made out by the Govt. of India are not implemented / enforced over there in Jammu and Kashmir due to 370, where as 370 might be for other political reasons believed by human beings then why animals are sufferings.....double standard for animals in India?.
- Langur being an wild animals also protected under the Wild Life Protection Act, 1970 but OIPA in India observed that Langur's are hired to keep away bonnet monkeys from the premises of the Indian Parliament, local courts along with many other Institutions, where as this is an offense and both promoter of crime and so called owner of the animals / accused may kindly be booked under relevant legal provisions, read with 120-B.
To save the endangered national bird peacock from extinction, government has made plans to ban trade of its feathers, Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh said today.
He expressed concern that the demand for the feathers outsrips the supply leading to rampant poaching and killing of the birds for the purpose of their feathers.
To initiate the process, the ministry has proposed to amend Sections 43(3)(a) and 44 of the Wildlife Protection Act 1972, which relate to the transfer and sale of peacock feathers. "The proposed amendment is intended to prevent the illegal trapping and killing of the national bird for their tail feathers," the minister added.
Currently, the Act prohibits the killing of peacocks as well as export of tail feathers or articles made from them. But, the Act allows domestic trade in feathers or articles under the assumption that these are naturally shed.
Where as Gandhian Ideologist, philosopher and social reformer Naresh Kadyan, founder Chairman of the People for Animals ( PFA ) Haryana, representing United Nations affiliated the International Organisation for Animal Protection - OIPA in India needs Padama awards recognition like Padama Shri, Padama Vibhushan, Padama Bhushan award in the animal rights and their welfare category read with Wildlife conservation, hence we are recommending his name to be placed before Padama Award screening committee.
Naresh Kadyan, C-38, Rose Apartment, sector-14, Prashant Vihar, Rohini, Delhi - 110085 was born on 10th October, 1961 in village Siwana, now in Jhajjar District of Haryana, he is a Master Trainer of the Animal Welfare Board of India, had been Nodal Inspecting Authority for Haryana and adjoining areas of Rajasthan of the Animal Welfare Division ( Govt. of India ), Nominee of the CPCSEA, Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication along with Post Graduate Diploma in J&MC, Diploma in Footwear Technology along with Advance course as well.
Animals are being abused during transportation and Naresh Kadyan moved campaign in all over India, maximum FIR's were lodged against offenders and animals were rescued, then Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment ( Govt. of India ) made a documentary on a live raids in midnight at Bahadurgarh. Naresh Kadyan compiled a book in Hindi on the animal related laws in India. The National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal injecting Oxytocin injections for lactation on the Buffaloes but Naresh Kadyan lodged FIR against animal abuse because it was a crime as per section 12 of the PCA Act, 1960 then he moved public interest litigation before High Court at Chandigarh. A special cattle train was caught by Naresh Kadyan on 10th December, 2000 for the violation of the animal related legislation's, banned oxytocin was recovered which were injected in 5 boogies 65 cows for lactation and these all accused were punished by the concerned court at Faridabad, similar special cattle train of 40 boogies was also stopped for the violation of animal related laws, FIR was lodged with the GRP, Gaziabad on 28th December, 2000 and the Allahabad High court upheld the objections raised by Naresh Kadyan, animals were rescued, handed over to the local animal shelters. Border Security Force - BSF also shifting camels in a cruel manner from Rajasthan to Delhi for Republic parade but this animal abuse was exposed by Naresh Kadyan, in Jammu and Kashmir horses were abused at Katra then Naresh Kadyan moved first complaint on 19th October, 2005 under Right to Information Act, 2005 raising this issue because due to special status state as per the Constitution of India, Indian animal related laws are not enforced over there. Sheep's and Goats are being abused under Indian Army supply cover but Naresh Kadyan exposed this crime against animals as well. The Govt. of India made out rules for slaughter hoses in 2001 and these rules were implemented by Naresh Kadyan lodging FIR against illegal slaughter houses in Ballabgarh ( Faridabad ). Conchs and corals are also banned in India, Naresh Kadyan found these articles in Kurukshetra, Mathura and in Haridwar, legal actions has been initiated.
He has contributed a lot and a man behind rehabilitation of the performing animals like lion, bear, panther, monkey and bear, due to his efforts all dancing bears are now out from the Indian roads and streets because he introduced a scheme for rehabilitation of kalandher along with their performing animals like monkey and bear, later this scheme was successfully implemented by the Wildlife SOS and Wildlife Trust of India, more than 600 dancing bears rescued and no one left to perform in captivity. He has rescued many dancing bears from the Kalanders, lodged FIR with the Police Station, Sonipat, Salhawas, Gurgaon, Faridabad ( Haryana ) and Shalimar Bagh in Delhi. He played a key role to rescue 29 performing lions and a bear from the Russian Komal circus from Palwal in Haryana, Asiad circus from Dehradun, Amar circus from Karnal, laxmi female sick elephant was also rescued from Dhand in Kaithal and same was shifted to Delhi Zoo, which was died later, Apollo circus at Meerut, Western circus at Gurgaon. He has contributed with the ZEE News to rescue African lion Narsinhma from a farm house of Muzaffar Nagar, this lion belongs to Asian circus and Naresh Kadyan lodged a complaint against this circus while stationed at Gurgaon, owner ran away along with two lions and cub from Gurgaon, both lions were died at farm house and cub Narsinhma became adult, same was rescued and rehabilitated in rescue center at Nahar Garh, Jaipur after lodging FIR against offenders with Dalanwala Police station.
Naresh Kadyan, a whistle blower of former captain of Indian cricket team Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi black buck hunting along with two hares in 2005, he took the carcass for postmortem cum identification of species to Delhi zoo and he is faces criminal proceedings for his strong activism. Animal Welfare Board of India - AWBI recognized his work declaring Star of the month, later he strongly opposed accused bail in the High Court at Chandigarh and raised the jurisdiction issue and get trial shifted from Jhajjar to Special Environment court at Faridabad. A black buck and Chinkara was illegally captured by the Air Force Station, Sirsa officials and make unrecognized mini zoo with in the Air Force station premises but Naresh Kadyan moved complaint, both animals were rescued and rehabilitated at Deer park, Hissar. The Chief Wild Life Warden of Haryana failed to take legal action then he filed a complaint before Special Environment Court at Kurukshetra, like wise a black buck was hunted in Udmi village of Panipat, FIR was lodged and when due to politically pressure Administration moved to cancel the case but Naresh Kadyan moved complaint in this case as well before the Special Environment Court at Kurukshetra. A black buck was also found in the captivity of a Chairman, Haryana Tourism Corporation's residence at Dharuheda but same was also rescued and rehabilitated in Rohtak zoo by Naresh Kadyan, due to this strong activism Naresh Kadyan was harassed by then Haryana Govt. A black buck was captured by the officials of Wildlife science faculty of Aligarh Muslim University, same was rescued by the UP Wildlife Department with out any legal action against offenders but Naresh Kadyan lodged FIR No. 491 dated 9th July, 2011 against five officials of the faculty as well. Elephant polo was held at Jaipur in 2006 but Naresh Kadyan raised the issue and then moved public interest litigation about elephant abuse, Rajasthan High Court - Jaipur Bench banned the operation of Iron Ankush on the PIL moved by him. Chimpanzee was abused in the feature film Janseen, Elephants in Jodha Akbar, horses in Drona and all these issues were raised by Naresh Kadyan.
Mongoose is a protected wild animal but people used its hair paint brushes. Naresh Kadyan moved a campaign in India for awareness and many legal actions were initiated like huge mongoose hairs along with paint brushes were recovered from Ambala Cantt, Gurgaon, Bhiwani, Faridabad, Ballabgarh, Narnaul, Rewari, Bahadurgarh in Haryana, Jahangirpuri in Delhi and in Hyderabad, where as this project was sponsored by the Wildlife Trust of India.
Leopards are being killed due to conflict between human beings with the wild animals, leopards were killed at Jind, Karnal, Mewat, Faridabad, one was badly beaten in Mewat another was illegally captured by a farm house owner in Gurgaon but all these issue were raised by Naresh Kadyan. Many online petitions successfully operated to get support of local and International communities, due to his strong campaigning peacock feathers trade was proposed to be banned, the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960 and the Wild Life Protection Act, 1972 draft bills were prepared for replacement of PCA Act, 1960 with the Animal Welfare Act, 2011 and to amend the WP Act, 1972. Adoption of Zoo animals in Haryana scheme was introduced by the Chief Wild Life Warden and motivation campaign was initiated by Naresh Kadyan at his own.
Hence in our opinion Naresh Kadyan is a most suitable candidates for Padama awards, who has done his fundamental duties honestly for the protection of Environment, Nature and Wildlife, animals as well.