target: The Right Honourable Prime Minister of Japan, Yoshihiko Noda; Governor of Fukushima, Yuhei Sato; President of TEPCO, Toshio Nishizawa
we've got signatures,
help us get to 100,000
by December 31, 2012
As animal loving people, our hearts are deeply saddened by the situation that has resulted because of the Fukushima nuclear accident. We find it deplorable that animals are being sacrificed in the area of the accident, we also find it unacceptable that these same animals have no hope of being rescued and are being left to die with no hope or help.
Therefore we strongly disagree with how the government handles this situation. We are not political in our motives, but we strongly believe that as humans we have a moral and ethical responsibility to rescue these animals. In accordance with our moral beliefs we strongly, yet humbly request the following actions to be taken:
1. Please take action immediately to save those animals which are left in the evacuated areas.
2. Please allow animal rescue volunteers to enter and evacuate the stranded animals.
3. Please arrange for sheltering of animals that have not yet been claimed.
4. Please use the donated monies earmarked for animal rescue to rescue and build animal shelters. Foreign donors have donated this money believing that the people of Japan and the Government of Japan will use this money as stated, please be honourable with this money.
5. Please have the sheltered animals returned to their original owners and where this is not possible, please shelter the remaining animals or find acceptable adoptive homes and if these homes cannot be found, then please provide shelter that brings dignity to the animals until their natural death.
6. Please use this terrible situation to change the laws of Japan to protect and save animals in times of disasters. We strongly request that the Government of Japan makes these legal changes immediately and not use excuses to justify the lack of action.
The above appeal comes from our deepest concern and sincerity.
Presently there are thousands of animals dying of hunger, so as the Government of Japan, the representation of the Japanese people and the honourable morals of Japan, we ask that you respect the dignity of humankind and rescue the animals.
Keep up the great work. Look what you've accomplished!
embed this petition
onto your site or blog
Make a difference for the issues you care about while adding cool interactive
content. Your readers sign without ever leaving your site. It's simple, just choose
your widget size and color and copy the embed code to your site or blog.