URGENT - Stop the killing of kangaroo babies like...
Thank you for signing the petition, Stop the killing of kangaroo babies like this".
Unfortunately, Australia and the ACT capitol city of Canberra continues to senselessly massacre our kangaroos and their babies. This is no different than what Canada does to baby seals except it is at night and isn't publicised.
Please continue to boycott Australia and Canberra until this senseless slaughter stops.
You can write letters of intent to boycott to:
Canberra Tourism: email@example.com
Australia Tourism: Martin.Ferguson.MP@aph.gov.au
Environmental Minister: Peter.Garrett.MP@aph.gov.au
Here is Australia's Dirty Secret...it is home to the largest wildlife massacre in the world. And Canberra, the nation's capitol, has earned the title, "Kangaroo Killing Capitol of the World". The title is well earned. Last year, the government massacred over 500 kangaroos on a decommissioned military base. They refused all non-lethal solutions, including relocation. This year they plan to kill 5,000 kangaroos including mothers and babies, and they plan to do it in secret because they don't want negative publicity. To learn more: http://www.kangaroolives.com/ The government doesn't protect public land from cattle or horse over-grazing; the only solution the government provides is to first blame and then kill the kangaroo. All information presented to the public is confusing, and conflicting. The Australian government has shown no respect to its own national icon, the gentle kangaroo, and is "managing" Australia's native land and animals to death. Sign this petition to tell Australia's government to immediately stop this kangaroo cull, and to actively research and provide alternative solutions. Your signature and comments will be delivered via email to the Australian government.
We, the undersigned, would like the Australian government to immediately stop the killing of Canberra's kangaroos. Quit blaming the kangaroo; find solutions that allow them to co-exist. And quit providing confusing and conflicting information to the public in support of poor research.
The following question have been asked by Dr. Mark Drummond, and they need to be answered. Nothing except killing the kangaroo was presented in the "management" plan. This government is "managing" the native land and animals to death.
QUESTIONS FOR WHICH GOOD ANSWERS ARE SOUGHT NOW FOLLOW: (1) What measures have the ACT Government taken over the past decade to minimise or eliminate the need to cull any kangaroos in the ACT, and how successful have each of these measures been?
(2) Please list the measures the ACT Government plans to take (i) in 2009 and (ii) over the next decade to minimise or eliminate the need to cull any kangaroos in the ACT, and please state which of these measures the ACT Government believes, according to the best available scientific evidence, are most likely to achieve the most success?
(3) Please list all of the ACT land locations where cattle currently graze, and the numbers of cattle that graze on each of these locations (in terms of numbers of cattle, days grazed at locations per year, or equivalent clearly understood measures)?
(4) How many cattle graze on ACT lands at the present time (in terms of total numbers of cattle in the ACT)?
(5) How many cattle graze on the ACT land adjacent to the Defence land at Lawson where 514 kangaroos were killed in 2008 (in terms of numbers of cattle, days grazed at this Lawson location, or equivalent clearly understood measures)?
(6) Please list all of the endangered plants and animals that live on ACT lands currently grazed on by cattle, along with the locations where each of these species lives.
(7) Please list all of the endangered plants and animals that live on the ACT land at Lawson adjacent to the Defence land where 514 kangaroos were killed in 2008.
(8) What, according to the best available scientific evidence the ACT Government is aware of, is an environmentally sustainable population for the ACT of (i) humans, (ii) eastern grey kangaroos, and (iii) cattle?
(9) To what extent would (i) endangered plants and animals and (ii) eastern grey kangaroos have their life prospects enhanced if all military bases currently in the ACT relocated out of the ACT, leaving the ACT free of all military bases?
(10) Will the ACT Government approach the Commonwealth Government to have all military bases relocated away from the ACT in order to protect the ACT environment?
(11) To what extent are the endangered grasslands and other endangered plant and animal species present at the Majura Training Area threatened and damaged by (i) eastern grey kangaroos, (ii) rabbits, (iii) cats, (iv) dogs, (v) cattle grazing if any, (vi) military training, (vii) human activity besides military training, (viii) African love grass, (ix) invasive plants other than African love grass (please specify any such plants), and (x) other factors (please specify)?
(12) Please list all of the ACT land locations where African love grass exists, and for each of these locations please state whether (i) eastern grey kangaroos, (ii) cattle, and (ii) endangered plant or animal species of concern to the ACT government are also found at these locations?
you have the power to create change.
Start sharing and watch your impact grow
we signed: URGENT - Stop the killing of kangaroo babies like this.
You can easily embed this petition onto your site or blog.
Make a difference for the issues you care about while adding cool interactive
content. Your readers sign without ever leaving your site. It's simple, just choose
your widget size and color and copy the embed code to your site or blog.