PLEASE READ whole petition , click "more" at bottom to see full peition before signing
This is a peition to call for a boycott and shut down the St louis Zoo for poor animal care
- September 2012 - Video: Racoon is tortured in Chimp enclousure (graphic) . Where were zoo keepers? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs7u2TTPXFE What kind of zoo can't protect it's animals from wild animals and then why is no one around to protect the wild animals in case like this?
- June 10 /2012 - 3 Canadian Seals die on their way to St louis Zoo. St Louis Zoo staff was in charge of this move. http://zoocheckperspectives.blogspot.ca/2012_06_01_archive.html
- Gorilla dies in St. Louis Zoo - by getting stranggled in a rope http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/02/28/Gorilla-dies-in-St-Louis-Zoo/UPI-57791235871443/
- Sea Lion dies - http://www.news.stlpublicradio.org/post/sea-lion-dies-st-louis-zoo
- Zoo pays $7500 in fines after USDA cites zoo for violating federal animal welfare laws in deth of 2 polar bears. 1 bear died because it ate PLASTIC BAGS.
"The USDA cited the zoo in the death of a 20-year-old female polar bear, which was found to have two dead fetuses in her uterus. The zoo also was cited in the death of a 17-year-old male bear which died of a blockage after he consumed plastic bags and cloth."
- Cinder The Chimp Dies - http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=167650
- ***St. Louis Zoo Accused of Violating Federal Law With Dangerous Elephant Breeding Practices**
"In Defense of Animals (IDA) filed a complaint today with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), charging that the St. Louis Zoo’s elephant breeding practices violate the federal Animal Welfare Act by knowingly exposing offspring to an unacceptably high risk of infection with the often-fatal Elephant Endotheliotropic Herpesvirus (EEHV). The zoo recently announced the pregnancy of a second elephant, Ellie. Her daughter, Rani, is also pregnant."
- St louis Zoo Elephant Keeper claims they support The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Kenya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErUllSQJNgI
David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust says it is not true http://www.youtube.com/user/dswtkenya/videos?view=0
This zoo has too many problems to be caring for the lives of animals. The life of a racoon is just as valuable as a captive bred Chimp. The visitors to the Zoo don't care about animals as you heard on that video.
Visit this Youtube channel to see the conditions the animals live in at the St louis Zoo