Stop the Tesco Superstore at Arlington Margate
- TOO BIG AND IN WRONG PLACE - The proposed Tesco Superstore at Arlington House Margate is over 82,000 sq ft. That's three times bigger than a Tesco Metro. And as big as two football pitches.Sign Petition
- TRAFFIC GRIDLOCK ON SEAFRONT - The developer estimates 17,000 extra vehicles on a Fri and Sat alone. There is one way into Margate. Developers' traffic survey was undertaken out of season in the winter BEFORE Turner Contemporary opened and didn't take account of future Dreamland.
- DEVELOPERS - the billionaire leaseholders of the Arlington site, Freshwater are worth £895m. They pay an annual rent of only £7500. Yet they set to make over a £1m per year from the Tesco deal. They have run down the Arlington site for decades. Margate cannot trust them to renovate anything.
- DREAMLAND - the rear of the huge metal shed will tower over the Grade II* listed Scenic Railway at Dreamland, harming their plans to regenerate the site.
- PLANNING POLICIES - Thanet District Council Planning Officers ignored the agreed schemes and policies to improve the seafront.
Margate is being held to ransom by corporate power and an inadequate local authority.