Donate Blood Today = Save Lives!
Reasons for Donating Blood:
- 1 pint of blood from one donor can save up to 3 lives!
- Every 3 seconds, someone needs a blood transfusion!
- True story = my grandma has needed a blood transfusion several times in the past. If people did not donate, she wouldn't be alive!
- 20% of recipients who need blood transfusion are children, many of who are cancer patients.
- Other blood donations are also used for: mothers who have lost blood during childbirth; surgery patients, accident victims, premature babies, accident victims, burn victims, organ transplant recipients - young or old.
- 60% of the population are eligible to donate blood, yet less than 4% do!
- Instant gratification = The feeling you get for doing a good deed, especially, when you donate blood. You not only racked up some good karma, you potentially helped saved other lives as well. This uplifting feeling aka "a natural high" makes you feel good and can help you relieve stress.
- Free refreshments = most facilities where you donate blood at gives out light snacks, such as juice and cookies! Yum!
- Free Physical = you get a free mini physical, including blood pressure check, heart rate, temperature, and iron levels. It's also the fastest way to lose a pound!