we've got supporters, help us get to 1,000 by February 24, 2014
JROTC affects the lives of millions of students and taking it away from highschools will seriously affect the community and take away valuable experiences from the cadets. JROTC has already been taken away from Belmont Highschool and as of June 30, Fairfax Highschool will also lose this program. Please sign this petition to keep LAUSD from cutting JROTC from any more schools.
Junior Reserve Officer Training Corp brief description
Army Junior JROTC was established by the national defense act of 1916. Since its inception, over five million students have participated in JROTC programs. In return, the country has been the beneficiary of their character and leadership training and their significant contribution to society.
Although JROTC may not continue at Fairfax High school, this petition will help save JROTC at other schools. JROTC creates second chances for students; in no other program will you find instructors that take the time to help you in becoming a better person. Here instructors will help those that need it, teach them discipline and encourage them to strive to become the best. JROTC also offers extracurricular activities such as Armed and Unarmed drill teams, Raiders and color guard.
The mission of the Army JROTC program is to motivate young people to become better citizens, NOT to recruit for the military
JROTC Program goals are
· For cadets to graduate from high school
· Learn the importance of diet and physical fitness
· Achieve positive self esteem and learn dangers of substance abuse
· Think logically and to communicate effectively
· Maximize their potential for success through learning and self management
· Develop leadership skills and have the ability to live and work with others
· Acquire proficiency in drill and ceremonies
· Learn new study skills and become a problem solver
· Learn geography to build global awareness
· Learn social and financial responsibility
· Learn American heritage
· Learn the basics of first aid.
Problem on this page? Briefly let us know what isn't working for you and we'll try to make it right!