we've got signatures, help us get to 1,000 by January 4, 2014
Why do we need tougher laws?
Every day in Canada many animals are hurt, tortured, neglected and otherwise harmed by people and businesses/organizations because they do not understand or willfully neglect the ethics of caring for animals.
What future what steps are needed?
· The government needs to create tougher laws against animal cruelty.
· Allow proper animal rights or shelter organizations (like the OSPCA) to immediately investigate cases whenever, wherever and however.
· Require immediate and direct action by a proper organization to protect the animals, not letting them continue to suffer while legal matters related to the incident are tended to.
Two recent incidents, one well known, the other not, are very good examples of why change is needed.
1. A recent case in Manitoba involved a 13 year old who had hung three puppies by their neck and gutted them.
2. At Marineland the animal’s environment has been neglected. Many sea lions there had red, bleeding eyes. Many other animals had different symptoms like peeling skin and health issues. Investigators were not allowed to examine animals that were, as stated by Marineland, under the care of a Marine Land vet.
Animals provide companionship for many people, as do people for animals. Animals in captivity need to rightfully trust us with their wellbeing. Wild animals should also have protection. All animals are sentient, and should not be treated as property. These amazing, beautiful creatures have been on our planet before us humans, so why is it that we treat them so badly?
This petition is for a school Civics project. In addition to the school project I will also be sending the petition to the prime minister, along with a letter, asking for changes to Canada’s animal cruelty laws. I intend to try and make a difference in many animal’s lives. Thank you for supporting this important cause.
If everything looks correct, click sign now. Your signature will not be added until you click the button below.