1) To preserve tennis as one of the most exiting game in play time but not to become a bored game of strong winning first service;
2) To preserve tennis as a healthy sport but not a sport where players suffer from arm & back injuries mainly because of putting maximum possible power in performing the first service.
Here are some options:
1) One service only (as a beginning one service in tie-breaks and scored games above 4 )
2) Increased distance of the first service - about a foot back from the baseline.
3) Reduced area of the first-service receiving field (field corners cut by arcs or straigt lines)
Problem on this page? Briefly let us know what isn't working for you and we'll try to make it right!