- Hundreds of dolphins killed in japan to be sold to fish markets and aquariums. They are tortured by letting them suffer 24 hours before a unmercifully killing.
- September through May 20,000 dolphins/ whales are killed.
- The dolphins sold in fish markets are sold up to 5000 yen or 640$. Aquariums are prepared to buy it for £90,000 or $145341. Every year about 100 bottlenose dolphins and 50 pilot dolphins.
The Taiji whale and dolphin hunts continue because the fishermen receive immense profits. Whales and dolphins slaughtered for meat may reach as much as 9000 US dollars each at market.
- They say the cause of the killing is a tradtion back decades ago from March to September, but the government says its for reducing population to help the fish market.
- They try to cover it up so much and also in the markets they say its "whale" meat.
Due to interaction with marine pollution, whale and dolphin meat contains high levels of Mercury and PCB's. This poses a real threat to the health and safety of those who consume the meat.