Please sign this petition if you would like to see cleaner bathrooms at our school. This includes clean/dry floors, working faucets, soap dispensers, and hand dryers. We would also like to have tissues and hand sanitizer in every classroom to keep everyone germ free during the winter.
PLEASE HELP US IMPROVE THE HYGIENE AT SOUTH!!!
Some startling facts:
- We have between 2 and 10 million bacteria between fingertip and elbow
- Damp hands spread 1,000 times more germs than dry hands
- The number of germs on your fingertips doubles after you use the toilet
- Researchers in London estimate that if everyone routinely washed their hands, a million deaths a year could be prevented
- The use of an alcohol gel hand sanitizer in the classroom provided an overall reduction in absenteeism due to infection by 19.8% among 16 elementary schools and 6,000 students
- Handwashing can reduce the risk of respiratory infections by 16%
Centers for Disease Control and, "Hygiene Fast Facts", http://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/hygiene/fast_facts.html