It is wrong that a man who supported (and in some ways still supports) a terrorist organization with gallons of innocent blood on their hands, should sit on - let alone head - a Congressional committee that is there to fight terrorism!
Dear US Congressman,
I am writing to request the removal of Representative Peter T King (Rep, NY 2nd District) from the United States House Committee on Homeland Security which he chaired at one time and still sits on. Congressman King is an open supporter of the IRA terrorist organization!
- He stated: “If civilians are killed in an attack on a military installation, it is certainly regrettable, but I will not morally blame the IRA for it.”
- He ignores the fact that the IRA deliberately murders civilians including Catholics (sometimes for doing nothing more than criticizing them)
- He ignores the fact that they viciously beat up girls for “offences” that are not really wrongful acts – e.g. breaking off a relationship with an IRA member’s son.
- He ignores the fact that they viciously beat up people for what their relatives have done
- At the time when he knew the IRA to be murdering innocent civilians told a pro-IRA rally that “We must pledge ourselves to support those brave men and women who this very moment are carrying forth the struggle against British imperialism in the streets of Belfast and Derry.”
- He wrote a propaganda novel in which he portrayed the murder of so-called “informers” (i.e. those who report criminality to the lawful authorities) as legitimate.
- He referred to the IRA as "the legitimate voice of occupied Ireland," even though they have never had majority support – even from Northern Irish Catholics – and never get more than 5% vote in the Republic.
- He aided IRA fundraisers Noraid who in turn have supported him politically.
And THIS is the man who now heads the very committee that is supposed to OPPOSE terrorism!
We therefore call upon The US House of Representatives to kick him off the House Committee on Homeland Security.
Thank you for your support,