This petition is now closed. You can still make a difference in the Care2 community by signing other petitions today.
we've got signatures, help us get to 500 by January 17, 2013
The Muslim community of South Santa Clara County seeks your support for the Santa Clara County Planning Commissioners and Supervisors to approve the Cordoba Center project, a local center for the community's worship, social and outreach needs.
Please, sign this petition and forward it to anyone you know who might be supportive of our cause or might benefit from the Cordoba Center.
We'd appreciate your attendance at the Planning Commission Public Hearing on Thursday August 2nd, 2012 at 1 pm at the Board of Supervisors Chambers in the County Government Center, 70 West Hedding Street, San Jose, CA.
Thank you for your support.
The Cordoba Center, a project of South Valley Islamic Community
Dear SCC Planning Commissioners and Supervisors,
The residents of Santa Clara County request your support for the approval of the proposed “Cordoba Center” project in San Martin. The Cordoba Center will serve the religious and social needs of local South Santa Clara County Muslim community by providing:
1. A facility for religious services
2. A multi-purpose building for social, educational and outreach services
3. A Muslim cemetery
The proposed Cordoba Center project:
1. Meets or exceeds all zoning and other applicable regulatory requirements without any variances
2. Has minimal impact on the environment since it improves less than 2% of the available land, leaving the rest as open space in its natural form
3. Has been closely reviewed and scrutinized by various county and state regulatory agencies and deemed appropriate for its intended use
Currently there are no such facilities available to Muslims living in the South County area. The nearest prayer services are offered in San Jose and the closest Muslim cemetery is in Livermore, a considerable distance for the South County residents.
Please, consider our legitimate needs and help the local Muslim community of South Santa Clara County prosper by allowing the Cordoba Center project to move forward as proposed.
Thank you kindly for your support,
South Valley Islamic Center, San Martin, CA
If everything looks correct, click sign now. Your signature will not be added until you click the button below.