Citizenship and Immigration Canada has cut the Eastern Ontario LINC Professional Development Day in Ottawa for 2013.
This PD day:
- is the only job specific professional development training provided to Eastern Ontario LINC instructors and childcare staff
- is a long standing tradition dating back to the very beginning of the LINC program in Ottawa
- is critical for LINC instructors to meet the yearly PD requirements of their CIC mandated TESL Ontario certification
- provides essential local level training for the latest CIC initiatives such as PBLA, new Canadian Language Benchmarks, LearnIT2Teach, Post TESL certification and the ELECT program
- engages the expertise and involvement of instructors and childcare staff at the local level to make CIC initiatives successful
- showcases the local expertise of LINC instructors and childcare staff by providing timely, practical and professional presentations
Cutting this LINC PD fragments Eastern Ontario LINC programs and is short-sighted and counterproductive. We call on the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration to re-instate funding for this valuable professional day.