People should sign this petition to Costco CEO asking that Costco stop selling the harmful weedkiller Roundup. If they care about their health, the enviroment and everything in the enviroment, including our water, food we eat, animals and insects like bees.
- Roundup, the herbicide that most GM crops are engineered to tolerate, based on the chemical glyphosate, is marketed as a “safe” herbicide, based on outdated and largely unpublished studies by manufacturers.
- But laboratory and epidemiological studies confirm that Roundup poses serious health hazards, including endocrine (hormone) disruption, DNA damage, cancer, birth defects, and neurological disorders.
- Some of these effects are found at low, realistic doses that could be found as residues in food and feed crops and in contaminated water. People who eat foods made from GM crops could be ingesting potentially dangerous levels of Roundup residues.
- Roundup and glyphosate have been detected in air, rain, groundwater, in people’s urine, and even circulating in women’s blood. Glyphosate can cross the placental barrier and the unborn foetus could thus be exposed.
- The “safe” dose for Roundup exposure set by regulators is not based on up-to-date objective evidence; thus current regulations do not protect the public.
- See more at: http://earthopensource.org/index.php/4-health-hazards-of-roundup-and-glyphosate#sthash.EHNSfHL0.dpuf