I need 15,000 signatures from Registered Voters in the City Of Austin, Texas to abolish Capital Metro and provide a new public transit system, that serves the PEOPLE, not SPECIAL INTERESTS.
Whereas, The City Of Austin failed to make good on it's promise to provide decent, quality, and accessible public transportation to the City of Austin.
Whereas, The City Of Austin managed to deceive the voters.
Whereas, The City Of Austin took away much needed routes, and refused to effectively expand.
Whereas, The Public is whom the Public Transportation Agency belongs to, and should be represented by it's citizens that fully utilize the service.
The undersigned acknowledges that:
1. Public Transportation shouldn't cost an arm and a leg
2. Bus Stops should be 100 % accessible with seating areas, and indoor transit facilities
3. Bus Stops are ideally placed among affordable housing, and not just businesses, and vacant lots.
4. Public Transportation Board of Directors including the CEO, and administrative staff should make a wage of no more than $60,000.
5. Employees put "Passengers First"
Problem on this page? Briefly let us know what isn't working for you and we'll try to make it right!