Great question! Creating and signing a petition are only part of the solution toward creating lasting change. Here are some ideas for how you can help even more:
Promote the petitions you support
- Send emails to your friends asking them to sign the petition. You can do this quickly and easily with the Email this Petition link in the top-right corner of each petition's page.
- Post links on relevant discussion boards and blogs. This is often an excellent way to quickly reach lots of interested people.
- Send out a press release about the petition. This is particularly effective once you've collected a number of signatures.
- Talk about the petition in online chat rooms.
- Add a link to the petition in your email signature.
- Add a link to the petition in your online newsletters.
- Contact writers and journalists who write about the topic and tell them about the petition.
- Add links to the petition on your web site.
- Ask interest groups with large audiences to add a link on their website or in their newsletters.
- Submit it to search engines (usually takes 3-4 weeks to be indexed).
- Subscribe petition signers to your newsletters (for pricing, please contact the PetitionSite.com team through our contact form; select "Opt-in Newsletters" under "Check your interests").
Go beyond the petition
- Contact leading interest groups working on issues similar to your petition. Ask them how you can help them.
- Organize school, neighborhood or other groups to brainstorm ideas and take action.
- Make a donation to a group working on the cause.
- Be a model citizen and "walk the walk!" As Mahatma Gandhi said so well, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
Other ideas? Send us an email.