Tell President-elect Trump That You Stand with Science
After one of the most contentious US elections in recent memory, the results are in — and now we're faced with the risk of backsliding on the critical progress we've made to address climate change; ensure access to healthy, affordable food for all; reduce the threat of nuclear war; and more.
President-elect Trump's lack of support for science-based decision making was clear throughout his campaign — but we have the power to stop him from putting politics before science at the expense of our health and the environment.
This is where our work begins. We must stop him from filling his administration with people who will attack science and attempt to roll back critical science-based protections.
Let the new Trump administration know you're standing up for science! Add your voice today.
To: President-elect Trump
As you forge a new path forward for America, it is vitally important that science and a respect for the facts guide your decision making. We, the undersigned, believe that:
- rigorous, independent science should inform government policy, corporate practices, and consumer choices;
- people who are appointed to lead critical agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency should have demonstrated support for the agencies' mission;
- America's Founding Fathers understood the importance of science to building a strong nation and sustaining the prosperity, health, and security of its citizens;
- America should continue to be a global leader in science and innovation;
- we can strengthen American democracy by advancing the essential role of science, evidence-based decision making, and constructive debate as a means to improve the lives of all people; and
- all scientists should be free to conduct and speak out about their research without fear of retribution or censorship.
[your comment here]
We stand with science, and will hold you to the same standard.