Every year 1.4 millions Americans -- 3,800 each day -- will hear the words "You have cancer." At the same time, approximately 46 million Americans are without health insurance, and many more do not have coverage that will protect them if they are diagnosed with a chronic disease such as cancer. Fighting cancer means fixing our health care system.
Specifically we need legislation that:
* Is affordable and available to all Americans
* Puts prevention at the forefront of our nation's health care system
* Ensures the people with serious medical conditions like cancer are fully covered, without exemptions for pre-existing conditions
* Is simple to understand and manage for consumers.
We must not delay health care reform for even another year, both for our families' health and because growing health care costs continue to impair our county's economic recovery. Our health care system costs too much, delivers too little, and is a looming threat to our financial future. The need for reform is urgent. Please act today.
To successfully fight cancer and other diseases, we need to first fix our nation's health care system.
Just think -- over half a million Americans will die of cancer in 2009. And the cost of health care coverage for the average worker has doubled in the last decade, and health insurance premiums have tripled, while wages haven't kept pace. At this rate, Americans will spend close to half of their incomes on health care by 2016.
Additionally, cancer patients -- including those with insurance -- often must dig deep into their savings and risk financial ruin to pay for cancer treatment and care.
Not to mention the approximately 45 million Americans who are without health insurance.
To address this growing problem -- we need health care reform legislation that:
* puts prevention at the forefront nation's health care system
* is affordable and accessible to all Americans
* ensures the people who have serious medical conditions like cancer are covered when they need to be
* is simple to understand and manage for consumers.
We can not delay health care reform for even another year. Growing health care costs are continuing to bog down our county's economic recovery. Right now, our health care system costs too much, delivers too little, and is a looming threat to our financial future.
The need for reform is urgent. I urge you to act on this pressing issue.
you have the power to create change.
Start sharing and watch your impact grow
we signed: Fighting Cancer Requires Health Care Reform
Make a difference for the issues you care about while adding cool interactive
content. Your readers sign without ever leaving your site. It's simple, just choose
your widget size and color and copy the embed code to your site or blog.