Reduce Your Carbon Footprint This Summer!
Summer is the perfect time to consciously make changes in our lives to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, which cause climate change. Warmer weather and longer days offer a great opportunity to reduce our carbon footprint by taking small steps that make a big difference.
Take the Summer Carbon Slimdown pledge, then share it with your friends!
The Summer Carbon Slimdown Pledge
I will measure my carbon footprint and will take one or more of the following actions to reduce it:
- I will go meatless twice a week for the entire summer.
- I will adjust my thermostat up by 2 degrees for the entire summer.
- I will walk, bike, take public transportation or carpool to work 1 day each week this summer.
- I will wash my laundry in cold water and line dry at least 1/2 of it all summer.
- I will go Zero Waste for one month.