we've got signatures,
help us get to 50,000
by March 11, 2015
On average, sealers make less than 5 percent of their income from killing seals. So what brings in the other 95 percent? Seafood.
Here is how your boycott of Canadian seafood can help:
Canada's Department of Fisheries and Oceans says it will shut down the commercial seal slaughter when Canada's fishing industry asks it to do so — and since more than 60 percent of Canadian seafood exports go to the United States each year, this gives us a lever.
Through the boycott of Canadian seafood we can send a clear message: If Canada's fishing industry would like open access to our U.S. market, it needs to stop the commercial seal slaughter for good.
YES! I will boycott Canadian seafood to save seals.
I pledge not to buy Canadian seafood — like snow crabs, cod, and cold water shrimp — as long as the Canadian commercial fishing industry continues its slaughter of baby seals.
Pledge to save seals by joining the nationwide boycott of Canadian seafood.
you have the power to create change.
Start sharing and watch your impact grow
we signed: Save Seals: Join the Canadian Seafood Boycott
Keep up the great work. Look what you've accomplished!
embed this petition onto your site or blog
Make a difference for the issues you care about while adding cool interactive
content. Your readers sign without ever leaving your site. It's simple, just choose
your widget size and color and copy the embed code to your site or blog.