Enough time has passed, and we have not seen any big steps to stop global warming.
We need to make 2007 the year for meaningful legislation on global warming.
Senators Lieberman and McCain have reintroduced their Climate Stewardship and Innovation Act and we expect up to six additional global warming bills to come within the month.
Take action to support tough global warming legislation that meets these four main goals:
1) A real limit on pollution without loopholes or escape hatches
2) A trading system that allows those who can most efficiently reduce pollution to sell reductions to others
3) A standard for biofuels to ensure that they do cut global warming pollution
4) Free market competition for next generation energy sources
With the new Congress, we have a new opportunity to pass important legislation.
Take action to support new global warming legislation by sending this email to your senators today!
2007 is a critical year for effective global warming action. I strongly urge you to support meaningful global warming legislation that meets these four criteria:
- Set a hard cap on global warming pollution and a concrete timetable for reduction;
- Ensure all forms of global warming pollution are covered;
- Set new standards for environmentally sound ethanol and other biofuels; and
- Foster free market competition for next generation energy sources.
By supporting a bill that achieves these goals, you will be taking the crucial steps necessary to fight global warming.
Thank you for your consideration.
you have the power to create change.
Start sharing and watch your impact grow
we signed: Support Effective and Real Global Warming Action
You can easily embed this petition onto your site or blog.
Make a difference for the issues you care about while adding cool interactive
content. Your readers sign without ever leaving your site. It's simple, just choose
your widget size and color and copy the embed code to your site or blog.