Throughout his presidential campaign, Barack Obama has worked hard to broaden the sexual and reproductive health and rights conversation to include a focus on solid pregnancy and STI prevention strategies and comprehensive sexual health education, in an attempt to expand beyond the tired pro/anti choice discussion that ultimately does little to improve health outcomes or women's lives in any way. Please stand with RH Reality Check in asking President Obama to immediately take action on critical SRHR policies that will immediately improve American's health and lives:
- Defund failed abstinence only programs in favor of proven, effective comprehensive sex ed programs,
- Reinstate global family planning funds that save women's health and lives and overturn the Global Gag Rule,
- Take action on ensuring availability of publicly funded contraception for low-income women and women in poverty,
- Immediately implement your HIV/AIDS domestic agenda,
- Pass FOCA (Freedom of Choice Act) that overturns dangerous anti-choice state legislation, and
- Protect Roe v. Wade.
We're counting on you, President Obama, to protect the health and lives of all Americans. For eight years, the health of women and young people especially have been used as political footballs. No more!
Keep up the great work. Look what you've accomplished!
grab this widget
for your site or blog
Make a difference for the issues you care about while adding cool interactive
content. Your readers sign without ever leaving your site. It's simple, just choose
your widget size and color and copy the embed code to your site or blog.