Rat poison causes a slow and agonising death. Fact.
Every day, thousands of rats, mice and other rodents are killed across the world. This is often necessary to protect food and hygiene. However, most of these rodents are killed by poison- specifically 'anticoagulant' poisons. These are by most accounts extremely inhumane, and better methods are available.
These poisons give the animal that eat them anything but a nice death. Rats and mice take an average of around 7 days to die after poisoning, and spend much of this time in severe pain. Anticoagulant poisons work by causing internal bleeding. They die paralysed and in pain, from blood loss and internal organ damage.
Further information can be found at http://www.cfrwr.co.cc/.
Sign this pledge to promise never to use rodenticides again.