Here at Lily's kitchen we have decided to campaign for our canine companions. We think that considering they are a member of the family - we should start treating them like one! With your support we want to demand greater rights to roam in shops for dogs and their owners in the UK.Some Facts
- The HSE (Health and Safety Executive) have not produced any guidance relating to dogs in the workplace as health and safety law does not specifically prohibit them.
- In Britain, dogs are generally far less welcome than they are in other nations, such as France or Italy. There are fewer and fewer pubs and restaurants that admit them, and dogs are even banned from many parks and beaches around Britain by councils invoking the Clean Neighborhoods and Environment Act 2005. Soon it may be difficult to know where to take a dog for a walk.
- Leaving a dog at home is not ideal- they get lonely and can develop destructive behavior or develop separation anxiety .The other option of leaving the dog in the car is also not a healthy one. Cars heat up very quickly and can cause dogs to overheat and die. There have been many accidental deaths caused this way.
- Leaving a dog outside to shiver in the freezing cold is not a better option, as they can become targets for thieves.
- Julie BirchillI from The Independent recently wondered why Israel is ranked 8 happiest country in the world and UK 13..? She thinks it could be down to the fact they let dogs in restaurants. Please sign this epetition if you believe that dogs and owners should be granted greater access to buildings open to the public in the UK.
Please let your friends and family know about our campaign and encourage them to also lend their name to our cause.
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lilyskitchen
Follow us on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lilyskitchen