Save Us From Salazar
I am petitioning for the resignation/removal of Kenneth Salazar as Secretary of the Interior based on his performance to date:
1) de-listing grey wolves (while they are denning!)--which will give rise to a large-scale slaughter, including moms and babies
2) refusing to protect polar bears--which guarantees their extinction within our lifetime
3) waffling on the issue of mountaintop removal mining--which is hugely destructive of the environment and totally irrevocable (and may well have all kinds of unforeseen repercussions)
4) failing to protect our natural heritage for us and for future generations
5) and showing a complete disregard for the very Interior he was appointed to oversee and conserve.
I further petition that the person who fills this office needs to reverse these actions--specifically re-list grey wolves, strike the Bush rule regarding polar bears, and work towards ending mountaintop removal and valley fill mining forever.
And I further submit that the new Secretary of the Interior should possess the following minimal qualifactions:
1) knowledge of environmental issues, concerns and consequences
2) cognizance of responsibility to preserve our natural heritage--parks, old growth forests, redwoods, mountiains (and mountaintops!), valleys, waterways and WILDLIFE--for us and for future generations
3) accept responsibility to conserve and protect both our natural resources and our ecosystem for our survival now and into the future.
Sign PetitionSign Petition
We the undersigned are very distressed by the stance Secretary of the Interior Kenneth Salazar has taken in regards to wildlife, mountaintop removal mining and other key issues.
We are united in our belief that at this time and place in our history, Secretary Salazar is not the best person for the job, and that it would best contribute to a strong and vibrant and ecologically healthy future for America, to ask Secretary Salazar to step down and to appoint someone else to the position.
Someone with a real vision of a strong environment in a healthy ecosystem nurturing a sustainable economy on a living planet; someone with energy and a real commitment to conservation and preservation and sound scientific management of wildlife and resources.
Thank you for your time and your attention to our concerns,