Your Royal Highness,
I witnessed a large population of stray dogs and cats living under extremely harsh conditions. Attached is one photo taken during February 2018 near Ouarzazate in the Atlas Mountains region showing a stray dog's life conditions.
These sentient animals are always starving and often harmed , and are continually exposed to extreme weather conditions, without having access to shelter.
I wanted to seek your Majesty King Mohammed VI's involvement in the following resolutions:
1.Support the prompt deployment of the Trap-Neuter-Release Pilot Program in Rabat, and oversee the expansion of the program throughout the country in the near future. This program aims to reduce the population of stray dogs and cats by inhibiting continual reproduction of these animals. Furthermore, this program promotes the health of these animals and the general population through the implementation of general check-ups and vaccinations of the former.
2.Endorse a National Domestic Animal Sterilization Program through which veterinarians promote the sterilization of pets to prevent unwanted reproduction of the animals and an increase in the stray dogs and cats population. Subsidies to cover the cost of this procedure would enable low-income pet owners to sterilize their pets and contribute to the solution of this problem.
3. Endorse education programs for both adults and children that promote treating dogs, cats and sentient beings with the respect, love, and dignity any living creature deserves, emphasizing the importance of keeping these animals inside homes as pets.
4. Condemn dog shootings, and impose legislation to prohibit this activity.
5. Endorse the installation of eating dispensers throughout the cities with food for dogs and cats. Two different options:
· A machine that is currently working in some countries such as Turkey where once someone deposits their bottle at the top, food is released at the bottom. "The Pugedon Smart Recycling Boxes" operate at no charge to the city, and the recycled bottles cover the cost of the food. Above is a link to a video where you can see the machine.
· A dispenser created with recycled material that is also currently working in Brazil.
6. Further recommend the support of programs that allow stray dogs and cats from Morocco to be rescued and adopted by agencies throughout the world.
Thank you for your time. Respectfully;
Citizens of the World