We are circulating this petition to alert our public servants in the City and County of San Francisco of the depth of our concern about the very real rising crime rate in our West Portal neighborhood of San Francisco. Here's an example of the most recent incidents in the neighborhood:
• Packages stolen from front steps & individuals posing as magazine solicitors ringing doorbells or trying doorknobs
• Individuals driving slowly through neighborhood seemingly taking note of resident’s habits
• Car windows smashed and items stolen from car
• Theft of cars parked in the owner’s driveway and on the street
• Home invasion burglary by coordinated gangs of thieves, often with a front or back door kicked in, or windows broken
We call upon our leaders to act together in a cooperative manner to promptly identify the reasons for this rise in crime in our area and to work with our community to take prompt action.