"He shouldn't have to be a hashtag in order to be heard. I don't want my son to be a fatality in order to get justice." –Cedrick's mother, Sheila
"CALL MY MOM!" -Cedrick Lindsay
Help us share Cedrick's story! This brutal attack happened A MONTH AGO and he is STILL at the same facility that beat him within an inch of his life!!! Cedrick is NOT safe and he needs help now!!!
Sign the petition, share the news story, donate if you can to help:
-Go Fund Me link: https://gofund.me/ffe5d655
-Link to news story: Cleveland 19 News story on 12/1/20 with Sheila
The investigation into this tragic incident is underway but we need your support to keep the momentum going and not let Cedrick's story get swept under the rug! They are trying to cover this up!
- During the brutal beating on 11/24/20, the 6 white Correctional Officers (CO's) violently hit Cedrick's head against the floor, sprayed pepper spray in his eyes, and sprayed pepper spray down his throat, and hit him with a heavy blunt object.
- With the little strength he had left, Cedrick begged a stranger--a fellow inmate, "Call my mom!" and gave his mother's name and information before losing consciousness and admitted to the hospital
- The inmate called their own mother, who contacted Sheila to tell her the tragic news that her son was beaten by 6 CO's and was admitted to the hospital in serious condition. Sheila heard the news of her son's serious medical condition from a stranger, not from the prison!
- Sheila immediately called the prison who dismissively responded by saying, "oh yeah, we have been trying to reach you…" then OSUWMC medical staff were extremely resistant to letting Sheila use her POA/next of kin medical rights to have any say in his medical care, and with the new Covid19 restrictions, Sheila wasn't able to visit her son in critical condition in the ICU.
- Cedrick was in a coma for 4 days, but less than 48 hours after waking from a coma, Cedrick was returned to the SAME horrific facility that put him in a coma to begin with, placing him in grave danger of violent retaliation from Correctional Officers
- Cedrick's life is in danger of retaliation! We have multiple phone voice recordings of Cedrick telling his mother that he is scared for his life, and telling us he is NOT suicidal in case something bad happens to him!!!
- Cedrick is due to be released in May 2021, but his mother Sheila is demanding a transfer or early release ASAP, and a fair and just investigation. Cedrick is NOT safe at Madison Correctional Institution!
- Currently, the Correctional Officers are aware they are under investigation, and Cedrick is reporting that he is being threatened by Correctional Officers. Cedrick recently reported to his family that the Correctional Officers threatened to hurt him again, "if we catch you at chow." Cedrick is fearful of going to the cafeteria to get food or to rec.
Please share Cedrick's story! Justice for Cedrick Lindsay!