In light of the recent case of sexual assault and domestic violence on campus being mishandled by the administration, we have created a list of demands that we expect the administration follow through on. Here is a link to the original #MeToo facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2106530279633927&id=100008309258036
Here are our demands:
1. Creating different categories for No Contact orders for more serious issues such as stalking, DV, and for sexual assault survivors. More serious No Contact categories also need progressive disciplinary action for repeated violations
2. As mandated reporters, faculty and staff who do not report cases of DV, sexual assault, etc need to be held accountable by the administration.
3. Security needs to be briefed at the start of every semester on all persons banned by the university in order to more effectively protect the student body from people deemed as threats by the university (also known as PNGs or persona non gratas)
4. Security needs to be more strict about who enters the university and the sign in system MUST be moderinized to keep detailed records of all guests and sign-ins
5. Students need to be emailed at the start of every semester with the names and pictures of every PNG
6. If an assault happens on campus, Title IX needs to conduct a thorough investigation and if that person is found more likely than not to have committed the offense (as dictated per Title IX policy), they need to be kicked out of housing IMMEDIATELY as to not put any more students at risk.
7. RAs need to be included in the No Contact process/also be briefed on PNGs so they can keep their residents safe and can identify anyone who may have slipped past security.
8. We demand AT LEAST 10 FULL TIME staff members are hired for the Office of Sexual Assault Prevention and Education (Pace currently only has one part time employee)
9. Instead of the Deans handling Title IX decisions, we demand a mixed student-professor judiciary committee with mandated training workshops on sexual assault and DV.
10. We demand the university stop basing their statistics on police reports for the Clery Report and instead use cases reported to Title IX