With this approach I would like to ask for the Apache OpenOffice (AOO) and Libre Office (LO) Management and Development team for the requirement of a “tabbing interface”, at least as an option.
During our daily work we have many Tabs on our taskbar. Sometimes it is very difficult to identify them as only part of them can be seen because of the huge number of those required by the software and documents. The multi-line taskbar would not be a great solution as we would lose another part of the screen each time.
The “tabbing interface”feature would help in our daily work and would make our life easier.
The "tabbing interface" is very popular lately, such as with:
Browsers: Firefox, Chrome, EI, Safari, Opera, etc.
Programmers' text editors: Notepad++, gEdit, etc.
Mail clients: Lotus Notes (see Google pictures), Thunderbird, etc.
Chat software: Lotus Sametime (see Google pictures), Yahoo! Messenger, mIRC, Skype, Pidgin, Trillian, MSN Messenger, etc.
Office tools: Lotus Symphony (see Google pictures)
and so on...
As it can be seen there are many softwares that implemented the “tabbing interface”solution. Why are most of the Office Tools missing from this list? I know there was an AOO plugin named “Tabbed Browsing for OpenOffice”but it is absolutely outdated and cannot be used with the newer versions (MS Office has this kind of plugin).
The benefits would be:
- taskbar will be much more convenient to use
- different type of documents can be grouped together
- it would affect our daily work and life in a positive way
Related AOO forum on an external link:
Issue 12686 - Tabbed Document Windows
If possible, please participate on the related forums and petitions and share them with everyone who could be affected. Also I would like to ask other people to translate the petition to make it as popular as possible.
If you sign this petition, you agree with the following:
- It would be great if AOO and/or LO would have “tabbing interface”
- It would be great if AOO and/or LO would have an OPTIONAL “tabbing interface”(such as in Firefox where I can use the pages on different tabs or on windows also I can group them with this feature
- It would be great if AOO and/or LO teams would develope a plugin which would allow us to change the interface to “tabbing interface”
I know, the implementation of this feature required a lot of work and can take for a long, but it is possible, and would be very useful for everyone.
Every signature and/or share can help to put this raising effective.
If you have question regarding this feature, you can see the pictures of Lotus Symphony in any web-search engine, and also you can read about the experiences about it.