Out of our keenness to spread awareness among all members of society, we will present the rights and public freedoms guaranteed by the constitution to the citizens of the United Arab Emirates and which relate to all aspects of their lives.
The word freedom is defined as "the individual's right to do anything that does not harm others, and that practicing normal freedoms is not subject to restrictions other than for the purpose of enabling other members of the group to enjoy their rights, and these restrictions may not be imposed except by law."
Public rights and freedoms are many and they include and not limited to :
- Equality, social justice, safety, security, and equal opportunities for all citizens shall be the pillars of society. ( Article 14 of the UAE Constitution )
- All individuals are equal before the law, without distinction between citizens of the Union with regard to race, nationality, religious belief, or social status. ( Article 25 of the UAE Constitution )
- Personal freedom shall be guaranteed to all citizens. No person may be searched except in accordance with the provisions of the law. No person shall be subjected to torture or other indignity. ( Article 26 of the UAE Constitution )
- All UAE citizens, men and women, freedom of movement and residence within the limits of the law. ( Article 29 of the UAE Constitution )
UAEU is violating these articles by:
1. Female students have to enter or exit the campus through gates with either their University ID card or by fingerprint.
2. When passing through the gate their guardian receives a text message in Arabic. The message translated to English by google is: The student was released from the UAE university (then the time & date).
3. Male students do not have neither gates to pass through nor a fence.
4. The system is almost inaccurate it sometimes shows a different student's name then sends the message to their guardian.
5. Female students who are staying in the dorms are not allowed to leave the whole week not even for half an hour.
Therefore, from this platform, we call on UAEU to respect the laws and constitution of the UAE. Also to cancel this system and stop these unacceptable and humiliating behaviors towards women, And to treat them with respect.