STOP THE APARTMENTS
Commonwealth Development Corporation is seeking to place 192 apartment units on 18.37 acres of land. There will be 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms in which 15% of the units would be 3 bedrooms, estimated at an average of 10 & 1/2 units per acre. Commonwealth is also seeking to not place a gate surrounding the complex, this brings up several concerns which are listed below.. Sign PetitionSign Petition
1) The increase in traffic
2) The decrease of safety on the roads
3) The overload on the schools and service in the area
4) The heavy trucks using the road although there is a ban
5) The fact that we are on the Gwinnett side and both entrances to the apartments will be on S. Rockbridge which will make the road extremely congested, there is no entrance on the Dekalb side.
6) The fact that there are no multi-family housing apartment units in this area, only single family housing has been the standard for this area
7) There has been no community involvement in the discussions for the building proposal
8) The fact that 15% of the apartments being 3 bedrooms will add so many more cars to the already congested area
9) Trash and pollution to the environment
10) The 2040 plan for Gwinnett County has our area designated to remain the same with limited development and single family housing units only
Please sign and show your support to keep our beautiful community not only thriving, but environmentally friendly as well!