To the D11 School Board:
We the parents of students in D11 are genuinely concerned about the upcoming Fall semester. The children in our district will suffer the consequences of extended E-Learning in the Fall. Listed below are several reasons why E-Learning should not be considered as an option for our district:
- Not all children are able and/or willing to participate in E-Learning.
- Keeping children away from school and their peers is causing an increase in suicide and depression among children, which could become more of a pandemic than COVID19.
- More child abuse cases will take place the longer that children stay at home.
- Parents who need to go to work every day to support their families will now have to find a way to accommodate E-Learning for their children.
- Students will not get the same growth in their learning at home as they will in the classroom.
- Schools have advanced so far to meet all children's needs and make school a place that all children can thrive in; continuing to do E-learning will only be taking several steps back from this.
We thank you for taking the time to consider what is in the best interest of your students and families. We understand the CDC guidelines are not going to make this easy, however, guildelines are not the final answer and the district can work towards a plan that would allow students to step back into their schools in the Fall.