PETITION AGAINST THE PROPOSED ATHLETIC TURF FIELDS FOR GREENWOOD SCHOOL DISTRICT
ATTENTION TAXPAYERS IN GREENWOOD SCHOOL DISTRICT!!!!Sign PetitionSign Petition
Greewood School District is considering a proposal to install synthetic athletic turf for the soccer and field hockey teams and possibly a synthetic athletic track or synthetic baseball/softball fields.
* This project cost is estimated to be $1,800,000 to $2,000,000.
* Synthetic surfaces should be replaced every 10 years.
* Of the 3 options that are being considered, replacement cost is estimated at $4.75/ sq. ft.
in today's dollars, which yields an approximate future replacement cost between
$444,600 - $831,250 in 10 years.
* The school district paid $4750 for a feasibility study to provide the estimates above.
* The feasibility study is available on the school district's website in the "News and
Information" section by clicking on the link "Facility Improvement - Synthetic Turf Field".
Find it online at www.greenwoodsd.org.
DO YOU AGREE WITH THIS PROPOSED USE OF YOUR TAX DOLLARS?
CONTACT YOUR SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER TO TELL THEM TO END THE DISCUSSION ON
PRESIDENT: Terry Cameron (Millerstown Borough)
VICE-PRESIDENT: Matt Morgan (Greenwood Twp)
Gill Davis (Greenwood Twp)
Kris Shiffer (Tuscarora Twp)
Bryan Kauffman (Tuscarora Twp)
Lyle Sarver (Liverpool Borough)
Ryan Hoff (Liverpool Twp)
Janine Brightbill (Liverpool Twp)
ONLY RYAN HOFF AND JANINE BRIGHTBILL VOTED TO END THE DISCUSSION ON TURF AT THE APRIL 10TH SCHOOL BOARD MEETING AND THE MOTION FAILED DESPITE MORE THAN 200 TAXPAYERS SIGNING A PETITION AGAINST TURF. DID YOUR SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER REPRESENT YOUR INTERESTS??