There has been an ongoing disregard of rules regarding the use of Highland Lake in Winsted, CT. It is extremely common to see and experience the following:
1. Boats that exceed the size limits for the lake (22' for boats and 30' for pontoon boats).
2. Boats that blare excessively loud music with no regard for the residents.
3. Disregard of no-wake zones (i.e., narrows between 2nd and 3rd bay by PWC) and proximity to shore/dock restrictions.
4. Excessive speed of boats, and especially PWC (Wave-Runners/Jet-Skis).
5. Disregard of "quiet time" 6 mph restrictions on Sundays after 5pm (Memorial to Labor Day).
6. Lack of patrol and consistent enforcement by police marine patrol (RARE to see police boat).
7. Lack of signage about lake rules (Including lack of "no-wake zone" signs in the narrows for PWC.)
*We respectfully request that these issues be addressed by the Town of Winchester/Winsted, including allocation of more police resources to the marine patrol for consistent enforcement of the existing rules of the lake.