1. Apple, Sony and Microsoft are supporting forced and child labor by purchasing illegally sourced minerals from Congo.
2. Your phone, video game system, DVD player, and computer all have the conflict minerals such as cobalt and tantalum in them. Cobalt and tantalum are often mined under the threat of force by armed militias in Congo.
1. We need to pressure electronics companies to invest in conflict-free mines in Congo.
2. Consumers must demand conflict-free electronics.
3. We need to boycott companies that use conflict materials - such as: Apple, Microsoft, Sony Samsung, Nokia, and Vodafone.
4. Spread the word about the issue of forced labor and conflict minerals on social media
5. Read this Amnesty International report about child labor in Congo mines here: https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2016/01/Child-labour-behind-smart-phone-and-electric-car-batteries/