1. Emmanuil Kaidanov created the greatest intercollegiate fencing program in the United States;
2. He was summarilly terminated without regard to his fundamental right to due process;
3. Coach Kaidanov has had a greater impact on American fencing than any other collegiate coach in any sport;
4. Coach Kaidanov is known throughout the fencing community as running one of the most NCAA compliant programs in the United States;
5. Coach Kaidanov has trained aspiring fencing coaches and referees without regard to their affiliation;
6. Coach Kaidanov's legacy is tainted unjustly by the circumstances of his termination.
Dear Dr. Joyner:
We, the undersigned, respectfully write to request you rehire Emmanuil Kaidanov as Head Fencing Coach. He has devoted over thirty years of his life to creating the finest, most compliant collegiate fencing program in the world.
Coach Kaidanov emigrated to the United States from the former Soviet Union, where he faced discrimination based on his ethnicity. As you know, the right to due process is a fundamental tenet of the American Consitution. We believe Coach Kaidanov should be granted an appeal of his termination.
Thank you for your kind consideration of our views.