Our school district must be a clean energy leader within our broad community and, by committing to 100% clean energy, we can improve the health of our students, save money that can be invested into students and classrooms, and do our necessary part to tackle climate change.
With a commitment to 100% clean energy, DSUSD can:
• SAVE MONEY — Energy efficiency reduces costs. Electricity generated by clean energy is consistently cheaper than fossil fuels, and costs continue to drop.
• REDUCE CLIMATE AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS — Switching from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources is essential as the world looks to the U.S. for climate leadership
• CREATE NEW JOBS — 60 percent of funds for energy efficiency are spent on local labor and the
clean energy industry is expanding their workforce.
• INVEST IN OUR STUDENTS — Funds saved by switching to clean energy can be used for classrooms, teachers, and enrichment activities.
• IMPROVE HEALTH AND PERFORMANCE — Clean energy improves indoor air quality, which reduces
asthma, and enables students to better focus on learning.
• ENHANCE LEARNING — On-campus clean energy projects serve as laboratories for students to
gain real-world experience in applied science, technology, and engineering.
We, the undersigned, support Desert Sands Unified School District making a commitment to 100% clean energy!