Please sign and share this petition in an effort to speak out to authorities at the Midwest Horse Fair in Wisconsin and ask that they require carbon monoxide detectors in their trailers that houses horses, other animals and humans. During a showing, a man lost his life from carbon monoxide poisoning, supposedly due to a faulty generator which was likely the source of the carbon monoxide. This is an accident that shouldn’t have occurred.
News surfaced in Madison, Wisconsin regarding the death of a man who suffered carbon monoxide poisoning at the Midwest Horse Fair. Both a man and woman were taken to the hospital with the 61-year old dying from the exposure. The death is still under further investigation but a spokesperson for the fair, Mr. Paul Nemec suspects that it was the fault of a generator in the trailer that was the likely source of the carbon monoxide.
It is such an unfortunate accident that could possibly be prevented in future instances by installing carbon monoxide detectors in any trailers and buildings that house horses, other animals and humans. Whether it is a temporary or permanent situation, such detectors could be life savers for all involved. Help us through this petition to encourage fair authorities them on the importance of these types of detectors that can warn people of the presence of this silent killer. Please sign and share this petition and help to save future lives, preventing other such accidents.
Midwest Horse Fair General Manager Rhonda Reese – It is unfortunate that this accident occurred when a man died at your fair due to carbon monoxide poisoning. We are strongly urging you to consider installing carbon monoxide detectors in all trailers and housing type facilities where animals and humans exist, even temporarily. Prevent such fatal accidents from occurring in the future, maybe taking even more lives.