This petition is to reform the New York City Taxi & Limousine Commission (TLC) and have it's current chairperson (Meera Joshi) removed. Update Meera Joshi to step down March 2019.
I am asking on behalf of all New York City taxi drivers for the Governor, Mayor, City Council, City Council member Jumaane Williams or Mr. Ruben Diaz Sr. Chairman of the FHV committee to please remove all members from this current commission with the exception of commission member (NORA C. MARINO. Term Jan. 31, 2022)
On Tuesday December 4, 2018 the TLC voted on driver earnings 7 to 1 to denie the 80% of each ride completed. Drivers need 80% in order to get out of poverty and have a livable wage in NYC.
We can not blame the ride sharing apps for the failure of the TLC to properly regulate Uber,Lyft and all the other apps. We also can not trust the TLC to fix a problem they let get out of control.
Hearing after hearing advocates for drivers, professionals, and unions such as (AIW,NYTWA,ATU,IDG) and drivers from all taxi sectors continue to show up to TLC hearings begging this commission to do the right thing.
As a taxi driver and a New York City native we can not continue to keep begging this current commission to help drivers and save the taxi industry.
Please give drivers a livable wage and stop the driver suicides. New York City is a pioneer city and citys across America and the world are watching us. Save the New York City taxi industry save the taxi driver and reform the TLC now!
My Bullet Points
• Stop the driver suicides
• A independent audit of the TLC and all of its commission members every three years
• reform the TLC and remove the current chairperson
• Add three actual taxi drivers to the commission body. One from the yellow sector, green sector, and one form the app sector
• Stop the TLC police and NYPD from targeting taxi drivers. No more ticket quotes. (stop vehicle profiling)
• Study to be done on driver less cars and the impact it will have on New York City and its taxi workers.
• One certified IT commissioned member
• remove diamond stickers and replace TLC license plate with normal civilian license plates. This will take the target off the back off taxi divers and help reduce illegal ticket quotes.(vehicles are property of the driver not the TLC)
• A official NYC ride sharing app for all NYC TLC license drivers to use with a percentage of the earnings to help bring back the yellow cabs and eventually phase out Uber, Lyft, and other ride sharing apps in NYC or at least devalue them just like they did to the yellow cabs and the NYC taxi industry.
• A independent study to find out why the TLC could just let the ride sharing apps come into NYC and do as they please with zero oversight.