This petition is to reform the New York City Taxi & Limousine Commission (TLC) and have it's current chairperson (Meera Joshi) removed. Update Meera Joshi to step down March 2019.
I am asking on behalf of all New York City TLC/taxi drivers for the Governor, Mayor, City Council to please remove all members from this current commission with the exception of commission member (NORA C. MARINO. Term Jan. 31, 2022)
On Tuesday December 4, 2018 the TLC voted on driver earnings 7 to 1 to denie the 80% of each ride completed. Drivers need 80% in order to get out of poverty and have a livable wage in NYC.
We can not blame the ride sharing apps for the failure of the TLC to properly regulate Uber,Lyft and all the other apps. We also can not trust the TLC to fix a problem they let get out of control.
Hearing after hearing advocates for drivers, professionals, and unions such as (NYTWA,IDG) and drivers from all taxi sectors continue to show up to TLC hearings begging this commission to do the right thing.
As a taxi driver and a New York City native we can not continue to keep begging this current commission to help drivers and save the taxi industry.
Please give drivers a livable wage and stop the driver suicides. New York City is a pioneer city and citys across America and the world are watching us. Save the New York City taxi industry save the TLC driver and reform the TLC now!
My Bullet Points
• Reform the TLC and remove the current chairperson
• Stop the driver suicides
• Cap drivers licenses!
• A independent audit of the TLC
• Add three actual taxi drivers to the commission body. One from the yellow sector, green sector, and one form the app sector
• Stop the TLC police and NYPD from targeting taxi drivers. No more ticket quotes. (stop vehicle profiling)
• Study to be done on driver less cars and the impact it will have on New York City and its taxi workers.
• One certified IT commissioned member
• Immediately abolish the double Jeopardy TLC ticket rule.
• Assaulting a driver punishable by up to twenty five years in prison
• All TLC Inspectors must be in full uniform and in blue and white cars just like the NYPD
• Let FHV drivers do street hales above 110th letting the city take fifty cents from each ride.
• A official NYC ride sharing app for all NYC TLC license drivers to use with a percentage of the earnings to help bring back the yellow cabs and eventually phase out Uber, Lyft, and other ride sharing apps in NYC or at least devalue them just like they did to the yellow cabs and the NYC taxi industry.
• A independent study to find out why the TLC could just let the ride sharing apps come into NYC and do as they please with zero oversight.