Morningside Heights Demands to Developers UTS, JTS & Savanna
- by: Morningside Heights
- recipient: Union Theological Seminary, Jewish Theological Seminary, & Savanna Real Estate Fund
WHEREAS, Union Theological Seminary plans to build a 40-story luxury condominium tower on its campus on West 122nd Street; andSign PetitionSign Petition
WHEREAS, the Jewish Theological Seminary is developing a multi-use building on its campus on West 122nd Street and has sold the rights to the Savanna Real Estate Fund to build a 32-story luxury condominium tower next to its campus; and
The undersigned call upon Union Theological Seminary, Jewish Theological Seminary and Savanna Real Estate Fund to assure that in any new development;
1.The height is consistent with nearby buildings.
2. The exteriors harmonize with surrounding buildings
3. Views of nearby landmarks are preserved.
4. Their impact on the environment and local services is mitigated: schools, parks, shopping, transportation.
5. At least 30% of any apartments are designated for permanent affordable housing.
6. Local social services and economic development are supported.