Please sign and share this petition in an effort to shut down the Tiger Safari in Oklahoma due to animal abuse and cruelty proven by the Humane Society of the United States. The organization has video footage from undercover investigations to substantiate their allegations of inhumane treatment of the animals. Baby tigers were predominantly targeted at this facility and we need to close down the zoo, pressing charges against the owners, including a ban on any other animal business or pet ownership.
The Humane Society, a national animal protection group, went undercover in order to investigate the Tiger Safari in Oklahoma, along with another in Virginia that will be covered under a separate petition. Both roadside zoos presented strong evidence of animal abuse and cruelty through video distress. Some of the allegations that were proven to be true and horrific includes:
• Cruelty to tiger cubs through exploitation in order to photograph them, over breeding of tigers, out of control trading of cubs for public interaction, dumping the cubs when they were no longer profitable
• Infant tigers are forcibly and immediately taken from their mothers after birth and used for photo shoots, petting, being fed and played with by the public for a fee; fees ranging from $50 to $1,000 per session
• Obvious distress and handling of the baby tigers by handlers and employees. Owners could be heard telling their employees not to "tell the USDA a f.... thing."
• Baby tigers show signs of being overheated, tired, hungry and even sick; yet they are required to sit still while the public parades by for a fee. It's all about money and no regard for the animals.
• Horrific and free breeding of big cats for the exploitation of their young
• Discarding the young when too large and no longer profitable
• Starving or inappropriately feeding these young cubs with the belief that it would make the baby more tractable during photo sessions. The veterinarian at this zoo had concerns of the infant's leg bones due to a lack of proper nourishment
Read more on these road side zoos at - http://affectmagazine.com/2015/02/baby-tigers-abused-the-dark-secret-of-roadside-zoos/
President and CEO of the Humane Society, Wayne Pacelle states that “Our investigations revealed never-before seen abuse, neglect, and the over breeding that goes on behind the scenes at these tiger cub handling operations. We must put an end to this dangerous and cruel business.” Help us to put this zoo out of business and make the owner accountable through charges and a ban from any animal business ownership or care by signing and sharing this petition worldwide on all your media sites. Save all these babies from such horrific and continual abuse.
Tuttle, OK Law Enforcement & Judicial System - The Humane Society, a national animal protection group, has done an undercover investigation with video coverage at the Tiger Safari in Oklahoma, coming out with horrific allegations of the facility. We are asking that this roadside zoo be shut down immediately along with pressing charges against the owners (and others guilty of abuse at the zoo) while implementing the harshest punishment for all. Also ensure that a ban be placed on them regarding the running of any other animal business as well as ever owning or caring for any other animals, EVER.