Some of you may know that City of Cedar Park is going to be developing a new park in the coming year off Lakeline and Little Elm called "Lakeline Park" Website here: https://lakelineparkmasterplan.halff.com/
The City has held several online polls as well as a few in person meetings to solicit resident input for features and amenities at the park. You can visit the website to see all that is included as of now. One thing I would greatly appreciate from my fellow residents is for your support in this petition to get a covered "sport court" type rink put in the park. An example of what I am proposing can be seen at this link:
I grew up playing street hockey and inline hockey and I think it would be a unique addition to amenities available in the area. I already wrote in and spoke to some planning reps at the open meetings, but ultimately, the left it out of the plans because not enough people were asking for it.
My logic behind this is that I don't think most people knew that it was an option at all. There will still be hiking trails, baseball fields, soccer fields, possibly tennis courts and basketball courts, and while I enjoy all of those sports as well, there are hundreds of those all around the area already and no courts like this. There are even 2-5 cricket fields in the greater Austin area!
I would appreciate signatures on this petition to ask the city to reconsider this as an option and show them that residents are interested in this know having been educated that this was an option.
Pro's to adding this type of amenity
• Provides a new type of amenity not available in the area
• Could accommodate several types of sports and functions (street hockey, roller blading/skating, dodgeball, etc)
• Small footprint compared to soccer fields and baseball fields
• Texas Stars Minor league hockey team is located a few short miles from the park, with potential opportunities for public events in the park
• Offers another covered activity for all to enjoy out of the heat and still usable in the rain
Thanks for hearing this out, and please consider signing this petition.