We have now submitted "Abolition of Adoptions without Parental Consent” to the Petitions Committee of the European Parliament. If we have at least 2,000 signatures, it stands more of a chance of being put on the agenda.
According to this reference to a Parliamentary record, 50 children a year DIE in care. And according to this Daily Mail article, 1,000 children a month are taken into 'care', based on what's unique in the UK:
1. The UK is the ONLY State in the WORLD that gags parents whose children have been taken by Social Services.
2. The UK is the ONLY State in Europe to regularly encourage forced adoption.
3. The UK is the ONLY State in Europe to regularly encourage Punishment without Crime, i.e. the taking of children by Social Services from parents who have not committed any criminal offence.
4. The UK is the ONLY State in Europe taking children for emotional abuse and 'risk of emotional abuse' - on the basis of predictions from overpaid 'experts' that one day parents just might harm their children.
5. The UK is the ONLY Sate in Europe to censor conversation between parents and children in care. Children are left wondering what they have done wrong, as parents are forbidden to explain the situation, or discuss the court case in any way. Phrases such as "I love you and I miss you" are also forbidden under the threat of contact being stopped immediately, if the parents 'transgress'.
Non-UK MEPs are waiting for 2,000 signatures to take up the issue.
More on Punishment without Crime and Child Snatching.
Dear MP / MEP,
It is unlikely that you are aware of the dramas afflicted to parents and children by the secrecy of family courts. This is to alert you to what's unique in the UK and what results in over 1,000 children taken a month and possibly in forced adoptions.
Imagine you'd be put into the street when leaving 'care' at 16, in all likelihood abused, trying to find your biological parents via Facebook.
Imagine you were an adoptee, forever trying to find your roots.
Will you support John Hemming MP whose charity Justice for Families has over 1,700 cases on file?
With many thanks in advance,
By signing, you accept Care2's Terms of Service.
You can unsub at any time here.
Having problems signing this? Let us know.