Animal abuse in rural Alabama is rampant.
- The animals are placed on "hold" for a 7-day period.
- On day-8, 85%-90%+ are killed.
This includes purebred, beautiful, loving, traumatized animals: animals that may require minimal care from a veterinarian: animals longing for a "forever" home.
By signing this petition, you agree to support the following initiatives:
1. State mandated low-cost spay-neuter and vaccination programs to reduce stray populations and disease.
2. State mandated, affordable pet and owner identification via micro-chip; helping lost animals return home and identifying abusive owners.
3. Support ROOTS of RESCUE; the forthcoming documentary by Joe Olivieri and Dave Cowardin; which highlights animal neglect and abuse in rural Alabama.
4. Support wide-spread publicity for ROOTS of RESCUE and guest contributor comments by high profile media, sports figures, and animal advocates such as:
- Anderson Cooper (CNN - Anderson 360)
- Brian Williams (NBC Nightly News)
- Jane Velez-Mitchell (Legal Commentary)
- Animal Defense League (AL Chapter)
- PETA / Humane Society of the US / ASPCA
- Ryan & Krissie Newman (NASCAR & Animal Foundation)
- W.P. McGinnis (CEO - Nestle-Purina Petcare Co)
- Ceasar Milan (Animal Planet - Dog Whisperer)
- Jeff Gold (Rescue Me! Founder and Environmentalist)
... and others as this movement develops
If we can garner support from the above individuals or organizations; abused and neglected animals in Alabama will fare far better ... and so will their rescuers.
5. By signing this petition, you vow to support grassroots efforts to save stray animals, defend animal advocates who have suffered retribution, and donate your time, talent, and-or financial gifts to sustain this initiative.
PLEASE, help us END RURAL NEGLECT AND ABUSE OF ANIMALS